January 14, 2014

2015: My Loyalty Lies With President Jonathan, Says Gbenga Daniel

jonathan_2015Immediate past governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel (OGD) yesterday said the protracted crisis in the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has vindicated his earlier call for the party to be salvaged before it is too late.
Daniel, who is now a chieftain of the Labour Party (LP) in Ogun state, however, stressed that despite the crisis in the party and his membership of a rival party, he remains loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan and his aspiration to re-contest in 2015.
The former governor, who was fielding questions from newsmen in Sagamu said: “When I was crying out over this imminent crisis, they say I don’t know what I am saying. I warned, but, what has happened now?”
While affirming that the PDP has a lot of challenges, OGD as he is fondly referred to, said the mega opposition party, All Progressives Congress (APC) also has its own challenges.
On his romance with the president, Daniel, who was the South West coordinator of the Jonathan-Sambo presidential campaign in 2011, emphatically declared that, “I have said it times without number, that wherever people may be thinking I am, my loyalty is still there for President Goodluck Jonathan. Any other thing for now I will prefer to remain silent”.
On his mission in Labour Party, the former governor said his concern is to make the party strong, declaring: “What we want to do is to first build a strong party with good ideology and strong manifesto. I can assure you there would be no crisis among the aspirants because it is not about their individual interest, but how to rescue people of Ogun state. So who ever emerges would be supported by others”.
place add code here
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Spread Love, Laughter, Ideas not Hate...