August 14, 2013

BIG SEAN ADDRESSES KENDRICK LAMAR'S CONTROVERSIAL "CONTROL" LYRICS

G.O.O.D Music's Big Sean has stepped forward to break down his new "Control" track and, specifically, the emotion collaborator Kendrick Lamar poured into it.
Blown away by Lamar's bars, Sean noted the competitive nature of hip-hop being on full display with the previously unreleased Hall of Fame track.

"When I heard [Kendrick's] verse
I wasn't about to go back and
change my verse--that's
cheating," Big Sean tells VIBE.
"That ain't the way of an O.G.
That ain't how G's move. I
wanted to [release the song] for
the culture of hip-hop as
opposed to myself. "It's hip-hop.
It's a sport. It should get back to
being competitive if that's what
people want to do. I ain't no h*e
a** n*gga like that to hear a
verse like that and be like 'I
gotta go back and [rewrite] my
sh*t, I gotta go protect myself.'
Nah, it is what it is. I'm a good
a** rapper. I just want people to
remember I had the song. I knew
what it was. No, I didn't change
my verse because I'm not a h*e
a** n*gga. I'm a real a** n*gga
from Detroit. I rep for everything
that I do. I knew what it was
going to do for hip-hop. I knew
what it was going to do for the
culture. This is the most exciting
rap song to drop this year this
year. Period." (VIBE)

place add code here
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Spread Love, Laughter, Ideas not Hate...