December 31, 2013

I have no political ambition for now - Al-Mustapha

Kano - Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha,
the former Chief Security Officer
of late Gen. Sani Abacha, said on
Monday that he had no ambition
to venture into politics or seek for
political position in the country.
He made the remark while
addressing newsmen shortly after
a courtesy visit to the Emir of
Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, at his
palace in Kano.

“I have not decided to venture
into politics now and I have not
been invited into that direction.”
He said his recent visit to some
states, particularly troubled areas
across the country, was informed
by his desire to ensure peace and
unity.

“Many organisations and
associations actually contacted me
with invitations that took me
there. I did it with a view of
putting a helping hand.

“Right from 1984, I found it
mandatory to help associations in
support of peace and unity, and
now that God has granted me
freedom, I cannot say no.

“We have opened ground for
reconciliation to many tribes and
communities and we hope it will
add colours towards achieving
peace, unity and development in
the country,” he said.
He noted that he would continue
to respond to such calls by
organisations and associations
provided they were meant to
foster unity and peace in the
country.
- NAN

place add code here
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Spread Love, Laughter, Ideas not Hate...